We are proud to announce the release of a completely updated LiteSpeed PHP Repository.
Recently, we announced LiteSpeed’s inclusion in Remi Repository. Now we’ve taken it one step further by putting out our own updated PHP repository. The LiteSpeed PHP Repository is a lean RPM collection built specifically for LSWS installs. We provide packages in a way that makes it easy to handle multiple PHP versions and we include multiple MySQL support packages and opcode caching options. We’ve left out a lot of packages that are rarely used — we hope this will make it easier for users to quickly install working versions of PHP with what they need.
LiteSpeed Repository or Remi?
Both repositories are good choices. They simply offer different advantages for different setups:
- PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6.
- CentOS and RHEL 5/6/7.
- Contains most up-to-date versions of LSAPI. (Do not have to wait for a new PHP version to be released.)
- Easily install multiple versions of PHP (by default installed to different locations).
- Contains all frequently used PHP packages.
- Contains multiple possible MySQL support packages (via native driver or client library).
- Contains multiple opcode caching options: APC, Xcache, Zend Opcache.
Les RPM de Remi (Remi Repository)
- PHP 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6.
- CentOS and RHEL 5/6/7 and Fedora 17-21.
- Allows installation of multiple builds of PHP through SCL.
- Contains packages for many rare use cases as well as more common use cases.
Installing PHP for LiteSpeed via RPM
Our wiki covers the steps for installing and setting up PHP using either the LiteSpeed Repository or Remi. Both are as simple as a couple yum commands and editing one setting in the WebAdmin console. You can even do an easy one command install of PHP with all non-conflicting options from the LiteSpeed Repository.
If you’re interested in a quick and easy way to install different PHP versions for LSWS, try out our repo!
(We’d like to thank Remi once again for continuing to include PHP with LSAPI in his repository and for providing such an excellent example for us to follow.)