Platform Showcase: Managed LSWS and OLS with SPanel
Our friends at SPanel asked if they could tell our readers a little bit about their control panel, and about managed LiteSpeed Web Server with SPanel. So, without further ado, here is the SPanel team. -LC
What is SPanel?
SPanel is a multifunctional web hosting platform that simplifies server management to a level where anyone can operate their environment even without previous technical experience.
SPanel developers focus strongly on their fully managed LiteSpeed Web Server and OpenLiteSpeed solutions. They cater to business-oriented site and app owners. You can choose a plan where all technical tasks will be handled by a professional support team.
The solution consists of two essential parts: The Admin Interface and the User Interface.
The Admin Interface is for managing the server and all associated accounts. It allows you to create, modify, and delete accounts, monitor your connectivity and running processes, restart the machine, and more.
The User Interface is responsible for managing individual accounts and services. It has an intuitive graphic interface that helps you deal with domain names, emails, site files, databases, SSL certificates, and more.
SPanel integrates with all popular web hosting solutions. Using its powerful API, you can pair the platform with LiteSpeed, OpenLiteSpeed, Nginx, WHMCS, Softaculous – basically the full package of services to start any type of online project.
For a complete list of features, check out the SPanel.io website or take a look at this introductory video:
How to Install LiteSpeed Web Server or OpenLiteSpeed in SPanel
Switching your service to LiteSpeed Web Server or OpenLiteSpeed is effortless in SPanel. The process involves literally just three clicks:
- Log in to your SPanel Admin Area.
- Choose the Web Server Manager option under Software in the left-side menu.
- Choose LiteSpeed or OpenLiteSpeed on the next screen.
- Activate by clicking the blue button at the bottom of the page.
That is all there is to it – quick and seamless integration that requires no technical expertise.
cPanel still holds the lion’s share of the market for web hosting solutions, but alternatives like SPanel, Plesk, and InterWorx are certainly gaining traction
In fact, there are numerous reasons why SPanel, in particular, has been getting so much attention. Here are a few of the most notable:
- Fully Managed Service: SPanel might be extremely user-friendly, but many website owners still prefer to focus on their business instead of dealing with technicalities. For them, the developers offer a fully managed service where their support team takes care of all configurations, updates, monitoring, maintenance, and technical issues.
- SShield: one of the things only SPanel can offer is SShield, an AI-powered security monitoring system. The tool has proven to be a beast when it comes to cybersecurity, recognizing over 99.98% of all known malware and spam. Whenever SShield detects suspicious activities in your web traffic, it proactively sends a notification, so you have enough time to react.
- SWordPress Manager: another unique SPanel integration, targeted for WordPress users. If you are looking to simplify your day-to-day operations with the most popular CMS, you can install WP, take advantage of automatic updates, change admin password, and many more. The Security Lock feature allows you to restrict editing access to chosen folders and directories, protecting WordPress installation from any outside breaches.
- Joomla Manager: similar to SWordPress Manager, SPanel packs a solution for all the Joomla fans. The Joomla Manager is integrated by default in SPanel, helping users with a one-click installation, password change, and site cloning.
- Feature Requests by Users: the thing that most separates SPanel from similar platforms is the involvement of the entire community. The control panel receives regular updates, and most new feature implementations come directly from user suggestions. There is a Feature Requests forum on the official website. You can suggest a new feature or vote on other people’s ideas. The SPanel engineers gather all popular requests and put them on the to-do list, ensuring they see the light of day in future updates.
SPanel can be a highly reliable alternative to the market leaders in hosting management solutions. The platform is lightweight, highly secure, and extremely versatile. The managed plans are ideal for website owners who have a strong business focus. They take the weight off of the webmaster’s shoulders. And the licensing model, lets you take full advantage of SPanel with any host.
Our thanks to SPanel for sharing their story! Does your business provide a tool that enhances the LiteSpeed experience? If you would like to share your story with our readers, find me (
@Lisa at Litespeed) on our Slack workspace, and we can discuss it. –LC